Depression is something that some people never experience where as others experience it to varying degrees for most of their lives. With other people it may appear for a period, possibly triggered by a life event and then leave.
Is there help for how you are feeling? The good news is that many people with the right treatment and support are able to recover from Depression. Many others are able through counselling or bringing about other changes in their lives are able to cope much better and get more out of their lives even if the depression is still there.
Different types of counselling work with depression in different ways and it is hard in a short article to give an overview of all the different ways Lighthouse Counsellors could work with you. Some counsellors address irrational thoughts and feelings that come with depression, others support you to connect with your innermost feelings and bring about change through addressing the emotional routes of your depression.
You may also find the following links helpful:-
- Choice and support to find the right therapist and type of counselling for you
- All therapists carefully selected and vetted by counsellors using feedback from clients
- Affordable and flexible service
- Clear service standards so you know what to expect from us and when
- We cover all of Greater Manchester
- Contact us to set up an initial consultation
It can be hard making that first contact to try to get support in managing whatever issues you may be facing. We try to make the process as easy as possible for you and are happy to answer any questions or queries you have.
Testimonials from our clients
- “I would like to thank, myself for taking the right option to do counselling and thank [my counsellor], for all the help and sup-port that he has given me, for me to overcome my problem and be where I am today”
- “I was shy and quiet at first, but once I got to know [my counsellor] it became much easier to open up. He has been easy to talk to and I soon realised that it was benefiting me”