If you are reading this article it is probably because you or someone close to you has a problem with anger. We all feel angry sometimes and it is important to accept that there are things in life that can make us angry. If someone crashed into your car and then drove off, if someone threw litter into your garden, if someone spilled their drink on you or if you found your partner had been cheating on you anger is a very natural response.
Problems can arise when we respond to those feelings of anger in ways that are harmful to ourselves and others. This article is about managing the anger that you are feeling.
If you have chosen this page in your search it is probably because you are thinking about counselling as an option. Counselling can be very effective in supporting people to manage the anger that they are feeling. It can be help you know when you are angry, when you are getting angry and what triggers your anger. It can support you into finding more positive responses and enabling you to be safer with your expressions of anger. Depending on what type of counselling you have though it can work in very different ways and if you contact us we can go through this with you in more depth. It is worth stressing that counselling is only likely to be effective if you are willing to explore your feelings of anger and are wanting to change either the anger you are feeling or your responses.
What is certain is that working through feelings of anger with a professional is much safer than trying to work through these feelings on your own, with family and friends or with the general public.
There is some good information on BBC's website which can be accessed here.
If you wish to have counselling to work on your anger then please contact us to arrange an initial session or to find out if anger management counselling is right for you.
- Choice and support to find the right therapist and type of counselling for you
- All therapists carefully selected and vetted by counsellors using feedback from clients
- Affordable and flexible service
- Clear service standards so you know what to expect from us and when
- We cover all of Greater Manchester
- Contact us to set up an initial consultation
It can be hard making that first contact to try to get support in managing whatever issues you may be facing. We try to make the process as easy as possible for you and are happy to answer any questions or queries you have.
Testimonials from our clients
- “I would like to thank, myself for taking the right option to do counselling and thank [my counsellor], for all the help and sup-port that he has given me, for me to overcome my problem and be where I am today”
- “I was shy and quiet at first, but once I got to know [my counsellor] it became much easier to open up. He has been easy to talk to and I soon realised that it was benefiting me”