Counselling can make a big difference in empowering you to find the right relationships and enables you to get the most out of your relationships. If a relationship ends then counselling can support you through the emotional pain and the changes that are involved.
At Lighthouse Counselling our counsellors are trained and experienced in supporting people through whatever relationship issues you maybe experiencing.
Finding out your needs and wants in a relationship
Counselling can help you work out what is important to you in life, support you in making sense of your feelings and work out what you need from your partner. It can also support you in being able to effectively and confidently articulate what you need to say to your partner.
Working with your own issues and feelings
If you are struggling with feelings or have had experiences in your past that you have not come to terms with then this can have an impact on your relationship. Working through your issues can take pressure off your relationship and give you a better chance to see if the relationship is right for you.
Couples Counselling and Marriage Counselling
We have several counsellors in Lighthouse who will work with a couple through issues that they are facing in relationships. Working through your issues with a counsellor can enable you to explore areas that might not feel safe to explore otherwise. It can enable exploration to be more positive and constructive when both parties in a relationship are supported to explore their feelings, their needs, where areas of tension can be explored more safely than would have been possible otherwise.
Counselling after a Break-up
Counselling can support you through the emotional chaos and trauma that can come when a relationship ends. It can also support you to move on in your life. Click here for more information
Counselling and Divorce
The process of divorce can sometimes put considerable pressure and strain on one or both of the parties in a relationship. Click here for more information
Relationship and Sexual Minorities
It is difficult to write articles in the most inclusive language but it is worth emphasizing that we provide services to clients in sexual minorities and welcome approaches from anyone facing difficulties that counselling may be able to help with. Many of our counsellors have undertaken specific training in working with sexual minorities in a therapeutic way.
What ever issues you face just now or may face in the future, Lighthouse Counselling has the wealth and breadth of quality counsellors to support you get the most out of life whether that is with a partner or on your own. Just get in touch if you have any questions.
- Choice and support to find the right therapist and type of counselling for you
- All therapists carefully selected and vetted by counsellors using feedback from clients
- Affordable and flexible service
- Clear service standards so you know what to expect from us and when
- We cover all of Greater Manchester
- Contact us to set up an initial consultation
It can be hard making that first contact to try to get support in managing whatever issues you may be facing. We try to make the process as easy as possible for you and are happy to answer any questions or queries you have.
Testimonials from our clients
- “I would like to thank, myself for taking the right option to do counselling and thank [my counsellor], for all the help and sup-port that he has given me, for me to overcome my problem and be where I am today”
- “I was shy and quiet at first, but once I got to know [my counsellor] it became much easier to open up. He has been easy to talk to and I soon realised that it was benefiting me”