If you can answer yes to any of the following questions then our service might be right for you:-
- Feeling stuck in your current career?
- Feeling that all your skills and capabilities are not being utilised?
- Sold a business and not sure what to do next?
- Struggling to overcome competition to secure work at the moment?
- Feeling that your current job is no longer right for you?
- Feeling you need a change of pace?
- Feeling you want to be earning more and feel you have the skills and experience to achieve this but not sure how?
Careers Counselling can both enable you to find the right direction and career goals for you as well as providing you with some guidance as to how you can achieve it.
Ben Wickens, one of the counsellors in our network, is able to offer a careers counselling service and he has over 5 years experience supporting people to identify and achieve their career goals. He is also an experienced person centred counsellor and is able to combine these disciplines to create a highly effective package of support. Clients have said:-
"without his believe in me and persistence I would never have achieved this career"
"his energy, experience and knowledge played an important part in me securing this job"
"I will never look at CV's the same way again, I see what I was doing wrong"
"I would never have thought of that job in a million years but it now seems the sort of work I should be aiming for. Thank you"
A career counselling package would typically cost £250 and would consist of:-
a) a 90 minute initial session either from his base in Edgeley or in a cafe. This session would involve identifying your goals and expectations from career counselling. Overview of your current career path and strategy for achieving your career goals, review CV's and recent applications you have completed etc.
b) Research and analysis time following the initial session from which you will be emailed a series of tasks to carry out before the next session as well as be given more detailed responses on any applications you have completed where appropriate.
c) a 70 minute session both exploring the results of the tasks carried out and how you feel about them as well as further exploration around identifying the right path for your to take in identifying and developing your career. Depending on the situation certain activities may be carried out to support you to decide the right path for you to take
d) Further research and analysis time
e) A final session of about 70 minutes to follow up earlier work as well as to change a career goal into a career acquisition or development strategy (depending on whether this involves changing work roles or not).
There maybe some instances in which a client may feel that they need more support in deciding a career path, forming or achieving career goals etc. and in those situations further careers counselling may be available. At present careers counselling is only available face to face in Manchester and Stockport. If you live in Bury, Tameside, Oldham or Cheshire then you would need to travel to Manchester or Stockport for appointments.
- Choice and support to find the right therapist and type of counselling for you
- All therapists carefully selected and vetted by counsellors using feedback from clients
- Affordable and flexible service
- Clear service standards so you know what to expect from us and when
- We cover all of Greater Manchester
- Contact us to set up an initial consultation
It can be hard making that first contact to try to get support in managing whatever issues you may be facing. We try to make the process as easy as possible for you and are happy to answer any questions or queries you have.
Testimonials from our clients
- “I would like to thank, myself for taking the right option to do counselling and thank [my counsellor], for all the help and sup-port that he has given me, for me to overcome my problem and be where I am today”
- “I was shy and quiet at first, but once I got to know [my counsellor] it became much easier to open up. He has been easy to talk to and I soon realised that it was benefiting me”