Not everyone knows when they are suffering from stress and if you are at all unsure you might find it helpful to look at some resources put together by the International Stress Management Association here.
Counselling can help you deal with stress in lots of different ways:-
- It can help you identify if you are experiencing stress
- It can help you develop techniques to avoid and manage stress
- It can help develop your resilience to stress
- It can help you bring about changes in your life to reduce the stress that you experience
- It can give you the strength and support through your relationship with your counsellor to safely explore what is causing your stress in a way that empowers you to make positive steps
At Lighthouse Counselling and Psychotherapy we have counsellors who are particularly experienced at supporting people with stress whether it is to do with their work, home life or from within themselves. Different counsellors take different approaches to support people with stress and when you get in touch with us we can discuss different options to ensure that you get the type of counselling and counsellor that will best meet your needs.
We have experts across Greater Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh who are experienced at supporting people to reduce their levels of stress and work with the issues that are causing stress. We can also work with you to develop and support your ability to cope with the stress in your life. If you would like to know more then please contact us either through using the contact form on the right or by calling (0161) 300 0410.
We have put together some stress management techniques and approaches which you might also find helpful here.
- Choice and support to find the right therapist and type of counselling for you
- All therapists carefully selected and vetted by counsellors using feedback from clients
- Affordable and flexible service
- Clear service standards so you know what to expect from us and when
- We cover all of Greater Manchester
- Contact us to set up an initial consultation
It can be hard making that first contact to try to get support in managing whatever issues you may be facing. We try to make the process as easy as possible for you and are happy to answer any questions or queries you have.
Testimonials from our clients
- “I would like to thank, myself for taking the right option to do counselling and thank [my counsellor], for all the help and sup-port that he has given me, for me to overcome my problem and be where I am today”
- “I was shy and quiet at first, but once I got to know [my counsellor] it became much easier to open up. He has been easy to talk to and I soon realised that it was benefiting me”